Saturday, January 23, 2010

So I had my face waxed at the salon, but the next day I had the biggest breakout of my life.?

usually I breakout very little and only on my forehead but now theres alot more, If u saw me u would say im overexaggerating and , I probably am, but Im guessing its because when i waxed it left the hair pores open so dirt was clogged in them....what do u think? any recommended acne crap I can waste my money on?So I had my face waxed at the salon, but the next day I had the biggest breakout of my life.?
are you sure it is not a reaction to the bees wax and instead of acne. I would ask a dermatoligistSo I had my face waxed at the salon, but the next day I had the biggest breakout of my life.?
thats probably the reason, try washing your face with hot water and soap (face nto body!) and then after rinsing with hot water, rinse with cold water
clearasil foaming face wash
Hope this helps!


';~Why do I break out after I wax?


There are a couple of reasons why you may possibly have a breakout after waxing. After the hair is pulled out, the sebaceous gland (oil gland) becomes over stimulated and causes a pimple like reaction. Another reason is that if there is already bacteria present in the lower layers of the skin, the trauma to the skin can cause it to surface. By putting alcohol on a waxed area it should help to minimize breakouts.';
The heat and wax did the number on your skin, probably by combining with the heat, wax, bacteria already present and dirt already present to cause the major breakout. Your skin is now officially very irritated, as if you hadn't noticed. Get some witch hazel, it's over by the alcohol usually and is an excellent astringent, costs less than the acne stuff too. Put in the fridge to chill, and give yourself a steam facial. That will open the pores and encourage things to drain and clean themselves. Afterwards use a clean cotton ball to apply the witch hazel, which will close the pores cause it's cold and will soothe the irritated skin. You may see whiteheads form where the hairs were, since the hairs were yanked from the follicle the cell walls were damaged. Bacteria normally living on the skin could then get into the follicles and under the skin, and voila- major breakout. In future, it might be best not to wax the entire face, it's probably better to stick to the eyebrows or possibly upper lip. You don't want to use the acne gels containing salicylic acid because your problem doesn't come from extra oil and doesn't need to be dried out. It needs to be treated gently to heal and the breakouts will go away on their own. The only thing it needs is TLC. You can use a moisturizer for normal to oily skin if you life, but otherwise don't smear on the potions and lotions. So save your money, soothe the skin, and wait it out while it heals. And in future, avoid full face wax jobs, they are way too drastic and rough on the facial skin.
Yes, I think you've got the right idea...the waxing has left your pores just wide open for dirt and crap. Thus causing the acne. Simply wash your face with non-fragrant soap at least twice a day. Other remedies include rubbing alcohol before bed...be warned, it dries out your skin and makes it red! Witch Hazel is also good and doesn't dry your skin out. Tea Tree Oil is the best that I have found...there's only three problems with it. First, it smells absolutely horrible!!! So I only use it either in the morning before I get ready or right before bed. Second, it tingles a bit...but that means it's working in the pores. Third, it is a form of an oil (don't worry, doesn't clog pores!!!) so it does leave your skin with a slight oily feeling for a while before it fully soaks in. You can get this at Wal-Mart or other places for about $5 in the vitamin aisle.





I've also heard that straight vodka helps when applied directly to the face...but I never wanted to waste vodka, so I never tried it. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment