Saturday, January 23, 2010

WOMEN; Anyone had leg&pubes waxed before at a salon?

I am going to get my legs and bikini waxed for the 1st time. Everything off! Basically. I always shaved before but I'm sick of it now as it only lasts the day you do it and it's a lot of effort. I'm a bit apprehensive about seeing someone to wax EVERYTHING because firstly I would be embarrassed as hell to show anyone hair on my body! Also secondly, I heard that you can get an infection from having a brazillian or holywood wax down there? I am definately getting this done, I just want to know who has had it and how painful it is (I have a huge tattoo done so I'm sure it's not as painful as that) and how embarrassing it is and omg yeah;


What exactly do they do? I really don't like the idea of taking off my pants spreading my legs for some woman to see everything. . ?WOMEN; Anyone had leg%26amp;pubes waxed before at a salon?
I have my legs waxed regularly. It barely hurts and leaves my legs smooth for about 7-10 days before little hairs start coming back (I only have them done every 21-28 days though). Sometimes after waxing I get a blotchy red patch here and there but it fades in an hour or two. If I shower after I have my legs done I can get a big rash - they'll probably tell you at the salon not to shower for the rest of the day. I usually shower in the morning and get my legs waxed in the afternoon or evening, and then don't shower until the next day. It is far more important not to shower after a bikini wax.





I have had my bikini waxed twice and it hurts like hell. It also leaves my skin blotchy and sensitive for a good 24-48 hours. I would not shower for 24 hours after if I was you or you risk a major rash and possibly an infection. When being waxed you can wear paper knickers that they give you and pull them to the side to expose the area they are waxing but if you want a full Hollywood you will probably need to take them off. If you want the lot off then you will have to get into all kinds of positions, including doggy-style! There is nothing to be embarrassed about and they have seen it all before. Personally I don't bother with bikini waxes as it is way easier and more effective to shave (I get it ALL and it is only a small area after all) but leg waxing is great.WOMEN; Anyone had leg%26amp;pubes waxed before at a salon?
I've never had anything waxed but I know people who have. Make sure you go to a place with a good reputation and that everything is clean and not re-used like what happens in some salons.
you will find the beautician will probably be chatting to you about everyday stuff,they have seen it all before so its nothing to them,,try to relax
dont worry! the girl doing the waxing sees everyones bits everyday...it hurts ,but its well worth it as the areas stay smooth for ages.where im from waxing and threading are like a religion..lol. i havent heard of any infections but if the wax feels too hot tell the woman because you cant tell at first but it can leave a painful burn. just relax and think of the hair free days ahead!! they tell you put your legs in a few different positions to get to all the areas involved,then spread warm wax on with a spatula.followed by a lint cloth which they then tear off along with the hairs. its very fast and once its over the pain kinda disappears. while you are there get you brows threaded if you havent already, its amazing and will change your whole look in an instant.

1 comment: