Friday, January 22, 2010

Eyebrox waxing question. I just went to a salon to get my brows waxed and now, 24 hours later, I have odd mark

I went to a Salon yesterday to get my eyebrows and upper lip waxed. My lip turned out great. BuT below my eyebrows, I have purple marks. Looks kind of like hickeys. I have it above both eyes, and below eye brow hairs. When the lady waxed them, she said my skin was very red. It wasn't super comfortable, but it didn't hurt at all, I talked the entire time she did it.





She asked if the wax was too hot, I said no.





I didn't go tanning and I don't wear any odd facial creams and I'm not on any meds or anything. I have had my eyebrows waxed before by other salons, but never had these funny marks.





What are these marks? How did they get there (what caused it)??? How do I get rid of them..I have a formal dance this saturday.





I had people ask me at school today if I got in a fight, and I said no but didn't wan't to tell people I had them waxed.Eyebrox waxing question. I just went to a salon to get my brows waxed and now, 24 hours later, I have odd mark
I've had my skin peel off when waxing my eyebrows. I've waxed two times(in two different places) and the outcome were both bad.





The lady who waxed them might have been right. The wax might have been hot for you, though you may have not felt it. You're eyebrows may be sensitive for waxing. Try threading.





For your situation, you can apply tea tree oil on the area. Or you can try Jamieson Vitamin e oil. You can find it in your local drug store.





Hopefully this helps you.Eyebrox waxing question. I just went to a salon to get my brows waxed and now, 24 hours later, I have odd mark
That sounds very strange. If you're on your period, your skin can be more sensitive than normal.





My guess is that the wax was just a little too hot. I would get some soothing moisturizer, (like cetaphil- has aloe vera/other similar ingredients to soothe burns.)





Maybe try to ice the marks as well. They could be puffy?





If the marks don't go away, you always can try foundation, too.





Good luck. ^^
Well,


I don't know what could have caused it.


But I would go back to another salon.


The waxer could have not exactly known what she was doing,


or even though you said it wasnt too hot, it could have been.


theres tons of possibilities.





I hope it's fine for your dance!
keep it moisturized! I recommend vaseline, or something with the texture of chap stick. If you keep it hydrated, you can cover it with foundation for your dance without it looking dry, uneven, or obvious. Wax was either too hot, or you needed baby powder to prevent the wax from lifting your skin.
if its purple its means theres blood underneathe your skin meaning she must of broken sum capillaries and bruised you a bit if she pulled the strip in the wrong direction and too hard especially if its this certain wax that makes the strip really stick so its hard to get it off, and if before she pulled it she put too much pressure on it then pulled it off with a yank its easier to break your capillaries (smallest blood vessels their are many around your eyes) so its most likely some bruising itll go away in a couple of days
ethe wax could have been too hot and thats why she asked you that she sounds like she could have been new at it...but like neosporin on it...it helps burns...and two this happend to me once..my skin ripped off with the hair...i was on this medication called retina micro and it caused my skin to dry out so the hot wax just caused my skin to rip off too...

No comments:

Post a Comment