Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm getting waxed at a salon, is it appropriate to tip? If so what's acceptable?

I'm a guy, until now I've always just shaved, but I figured I'd try waxing, the cost is $38.00 should I tip and how much?I'm getting waxed at a salon, is it appropriate to tip? If so what's acceptable?
I do this type of waxing. Most of my clients tip $10 or more. I am surprised that they only charge $38. My starting fee for Brazilians is $60.


It most likely will burn. It is not a typical type of pain and if the Esthetician does it correctly, s/he will try to ease the burning sensation by touching your skin.


I make these types of waxing as fun as I can for the client.


Hope this helps!


Let us know how you make out afterward.I'm getting waxed at a salon, is it appropriate to tip? If so what's acceptable?
It is always ok to tip for a service, and in some cases service providers make the bulk of their income from tipping. A $5 tip would be adequate, but if you feel the service was exceptional,add to that. A tip is given as a thank you for a service. If the experience is terrible (which it might be painful by the way) due to inept service no tip is necessary. It really is up to you and how you felt the service was performed.
15% is always a good rule of thumb (a little less than $2 for every 10 you spend) so $5-7 is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment